Apply to the WFP Innovation Accelerator to receive up to US $100,000 in equity-free funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organization!!
The COVID-19 pandemic is exacerbating food insecurity, interrupting supply chains, and moving more people into hunger than previously predicted. World Food Program (WEP) seeks cutting-edge solutions to transform emergency response and to achieve SDG2: Zero Hunger by 2030 for communities impacted by COVID19 and beyond. Innovations are needed more than ever before to achieve this goal.
In the The WFP Innovation Challenge 2020, they are looking for innovations that seek to disrupt hunger, and address any of the following problem statements.
1. COVID-19 emergency response.
2. Local food security and market access for smallholder farmers.
3. Sustaining and creating livelihoods.
4. Affordable, nutritious diets and awareness.
5. Appropriate energy solutions along the food value chain.
Eligibility Requirements for a start-up
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
How Are Innovations Selected?
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. They are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
Details of the competition
Application: Apply Here
Application Deadline: September 2020
Innovation Bootcamp: 30 November–4 December 2020
Pitch Event: 10 December 2020
For more information, visit WFP Innovation Accelerator