The application process for the 2019 Ashden Awards is open for innovative enterprise that delivers or plays a key part in enabling the delivery of sustainable energy systems which bring social, economic and environmental benefits. 10 winners from around the world will receive a prize fund of £10,000 or £20,000 each and global recognition for their achievements in increasing access to sustainable energy, promoting sustainable travel and helping build a low-carbon future.
Ashden will be awarding work that fits into the following categories and also meets the key criteria listed below. When completing your application please indicate the specific category/categories you feel are most relevant to your work. The categories are:
- Sustainable Cities and Buildings
- Sustainable Mobility
- Powering Business
- Clean Cooking
- Sustainable Energy & Healthcare
- Cooling for People
- Financial or Business Model Innovation
Benefits of winning an Ashden Award:
- Award of up to £20,000
- National and international media exposure
- Tailored support to develop your work even further
- Media materials to help you tell your story
Eligibility for Ashden Award:
- Have products or services currently available for customers, clients or beneficiaries
- Be delivering, or helping to deliver, significant social and economic benefits to individuals, communities or businesses
- Be delivering, or helping to deliver, demonstrable benefits to the environment
- Show an innovative approach to sustainable energy
- Have the capacity to create significant impact
- Be working towards financial sustainability
- Be able to demonstrate capacity and commitment to make the use of sustainable energy more widespread
- Be able to contribute to Ashden’s mission
Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, and social enterprises (both for-profit and not-forprofit, including community groups) are all eligible.
Nepal is eligible to apply in the mentioned categories – International Ashden Award for Clean Cooking, International Ashden Award for Financial or Business Model Innovation, International Ashden Award for Powering Business, International Ashden Award for Sustainable Mobility, International Ashden Award for Sustainable Energy & Healthcare, International Ashden Award for Sustainable Cities and Buildings.
Application Deadline: 6th November 2018
For detail information and application procedure, click on the provided link.