DestinationZero is an innovation challenge for people aged 18 to 35 who want to tackle climate change and make a positive difference to the world.
How to Enter?
- Share a 60-second video with the hashtag #DestinationZero on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
- In the video, please say your first name, your age and where you are from, then pitch your climate innovation idea. Innovations could include new business models, new scientific innovations, community initiatives or climate warning systems.
- On 28 February 2021, the selection panel will review the video submissions. Then they will invite 20 participants to provide further information about their innovation idea. On 16 March 2021, the selection panel will announce 10 successful innovations.
Who can Enter?
- You must be 18 to 35 when you apply, and be a resident of one of these countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Participants must be living in their respective countries at the time of applying and for the duration of this project.
- You can apply as an individual or as part of the group, and you can submit more than one innovation.
Judgment is based on the following criteria
- What problem are you trying to solve? (covers 25 % of your score)
- How will your innovation affect climate change? (covers 50% of your score)
- How realistically have you budgeted for your innovation? ( covers 25% of your score)
Benefits of wining
- £5,000 financial support for each winning innovation by the end of March 2021
- coaching sessions between April to August 2021.
The deadline for sharing the video is 14 February 2021 at 23.59 UK time.
For more detail about the DestinationZero, please visit here.