Application is open for World Habitat Awards competition run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. The World Habitat Award recognized and highlights innovative, outstanding and revolutionary housing idea, projects and programs from across the world. This year, they will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold zAwards to the most outstanding projects and programmes.
- The two GOLD Award-winning projects receive:
- A trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. We will work with our winners to ensure all events are COVID secure. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- prize money of £10,000; and
- follow-up support from World Habitat through our exChange programme
- Silver and Bronze Award-winning projects receive a certificate and the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives.
- The Awards are open to all individuals, organizations or governments who have addressed housing challenges.
- Projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community
- Entrants are encouraged to submit projects and programmes that view the term ‘habitat’ from a broad perspective.
- Entries are encouraged that also address wider issues, for example: the climate emergency and environmental sustainability; social inclusion and income generation.
- You can enter more than one project or programme in the same year.
- Entries must detail housing projects and/or programmes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development will not be considered.
- Projects that were at design/ prototype/ planning stage or completed more than 10 years ago will also not be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has developed significantly in the intervening time period.
- You can enter projects that were developed and/or implemented by another individual or organisation. However, your entry must include a letter of permission from the original designer/implementer agreeing to its entry and for its publication in the event of it winning an Award.
- Images, plans and/or supporting documents can be submitted via the online application form or by email to email@example.com. If you email documents separately, please include your name, organisation and the name of your project.
- Entries may be submitted in English, Spanish or French.
Details of the competition
Deadline: All entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Monday 15th March 2021
Application: Apply Here
If you have any questions, please message at firstname.lastname@example.org and for more information, visit World Habitat Awards