Applications are being called for Urban Innovation Challenge: Citypreneurs Seoul 2019. According to data, out of 1.2 billion young people, 717 million are located in Asia Pacific making youth the key to unleashing the region’s next economic miracle. Since, youth are both digitally and physically connected, they are the most urbanized generation we have ever experienced. This group of people will be most impacted by challenges that range from inequalities to climate change.
A lot of initiatives are being taken in order to merge together and collaborate with different sectors to bring about solutions for these problems. Additionally, the skills of youth are being harnessed in order to develop their leadership skills and to eventually achieve the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Health and Inclusive Ageing: Improve health and wellbeing for all, at all ages, and also, empower older persons to be economically and socially included in their city.
- Developing skills: Upgrade skills and lifelong learning for jobs of the future for everyone.
- Green Consumption Production: Change the way we make, buy and dispose to protect our planet.
Benefits For Top 3 Finalists
- (Seed track) Business model mentoring & pitch clinics.
- Permanent membership with Citypreneurs, right to use official Citypreneurs branding.
- Networking opportunities with global finalists.
- Travel subsidy for teams coming from outside of Seoul.
- Tech transfer opportunities.
- Joint project opportunities with larger companies.
- Low-interest borrowing rights from the Citypreneurs Community Fund (300K USD)
- Invitation to UN Conferences and Events
Benefits for Winners
- Investment opportunities from a pool of interested money (50M+ USD)
- Awards from UN and Seoul City Officials
- Private Demo Day with investors
- Impact evaluation matrix development guidance
SEED TRACK (3 Teams)
- Go-to-market consulting
- Total award money of 22M KRW
GROWTH TRACK (3 Teams)
- Pilot and R&D opportunities with cities, including Seoul
- Invitation to international, high-level panels
- Company introduction at Mayoral meetings and/or UN Conferences
Startups might be at different stages so Citypreneurs has acknowledged this and welcomes two different pathways.
Designed for early-stage start-ups still working on their prototype development with the flexibility to focus on urban issues specifically identified by partner agencies.
- Founded in 2016 or after
- Under Series A round investment
- MVP(Minimum Viable Product) ready
Designed for start-ups that have three or more years of experience with market-tested prototypes and are looking to scale up.
- Founded in 2015 or before
- Series A round investment and over
- Product verified in the market
Happening in: Seoul, Korea
Deadline: 31July, 2019
For more information and to start an application, go to Seoul 2019 | Urban Innovation Challenge.