Every two years, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) organizes a Youth Forum. This year’s Forum will take place as part of a larger event, the UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Forum. The 2018 UNCTAD Youth Forum will feature primarily topics that relate to youth empowerment across entrepreneurship, with a focus on investing in digital youth, youth at the negotiation table, what is on the mind of millennial and how youth can think globally and act locally.
The UNCTAD Youth Forum 2018 offers the opportunity for youth to exchange views and experiences and strengthen a network of future leaders from different places in the world and have an interactive dialogue with global players involved in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals where youth can raise awareness on issues they consider of major concern and that they want to see included in the international agenda. It also provides opportunities to learn more about UNCTAD’s work and projects with youth and have a discussion on how to get youth further involved.
- students or young professionals around the world
- Be between the age of 18 and 30
- Able to speak in and understand English
- Have a valid passport (for applicants outside of Switzerland)
- Be interested in trade and development issues
- Have experience (from their studies or work) in the areas of UNCTAD’s work/focus. Evidence of projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered as experience in the field.
Available Seats: 250
Venue: The 2018 Youth Forum will take place at the Headquarters of UNCTAD, at the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland as part of the UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Forum
Date: 22 to 26 October 2018.
For detail information and process to apply, click on the provided link.