Given the current global climate and a dramatic shift to a digital world as a result of COVID-19, open-source solutions that address critical needs for society are as important as ever.
Considering this, The UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking to make up to $100K equity-free investments (in USD and/or cryptocurrency) to provide early stage (seed) financing and mentoring to for-profit technology startups that have the potential to benefit humanity.
- Seed Funding up to $100,000
- Crypto Funding
- Business Growth
- Networks and platforms
- Product and Technology Development
- Maximize Impact
Who can Apply?
- You must be registered as a private company in a UNICEF programme country;
- You are working on open source technology solutions or willing to be open-source under the following licenses or their equivalent: BSD, GNU, MIT (software), CERN, MIT, TAPR (hardware), or CC-BY (content);
- You have an existing prototype of the solution with promising results from initial pilots;
- Your solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of children.
Details of the program
Application: Apply Here (Female-founded start-ups are encouraged to apply)
Application Deadline: July 26, 2020
- Submit your expression of interest by completing the form.
- All submissions must be made in English. If you wish to preview the questions to prepare your submission, view/download this PDF.
- To support your preparation, please note that the submission form also asks for a link to a 2-min pitch video. Detailed instructions can be found in the form.
For more information, visit UNICEF Innovation