First-round applications are now open for Social Ideathon in Asia and Oceania. Social Ideathon 2021 is a program that seeks to engage and support youth who have ideas to tackle some of the most pressing development challenges facing the Asia and Oceania region today. The main idea behind the program is to turn your ideas for social change into action.
It is an accelerated program over the course of two months where you will receive leadership and project design training, group mentoring, and skill-based workshops that are specific to your project idea. At the end of the program, you will be invited to pitch your project idea to access funding. The top twenty ideas will be awarded a mini-grant of $250 USD and the opportunity to accelerate their project to scale.
The competition is focused on the following five SDGs:
- Quality education (SD4)
- Health (SD3)
- Gender equality (SD5)
- Climate action (SDG13)
- Decent work/economic growth (SDG8)
- Must be between 13-25 years of age at the time of application.
- Must be a resident of Asia/Oceania countries.
- Committed to working on their project idea through participation in a 10-hour Ideathon event on June 27, 2021, group mentorship calls, and skill training workshops.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and perseverance to take their initiative forward.
The application deadline is on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 (11:59 AM NPT). If you have an idea to tackle any of these sustainable development goals in Asia or Oceania in general, or in your country or community in particular, Join the Competition Now!
Register Yourself Now Here