Hash Code is a Google’s team-based programming competition which allows you to share your skills and connect with other coders as you work together to solve a problem modeled off a real Google engineering challenge. In small teams of two to four, coders all over the world will tackle the first problem through an Online Qualification Round. Though this round is hosted online, teams can come together to compete side-by-side in locally coordinated Hash Code hubs. The top teams from this round are invited to join us at an international Google office for our annual Hash Code Final Round.
- Participants must compete in a group of two, three, or four members (each group referred to as a “Team”).
- Participants must form their team in the Judge System and the team composition cannot be changed after the deadline specified on the HC Contest website or Judge System;
- a participant may leave a Team and withdraw from the HC Contest prior to such deadline. However, your Team must have at least two (2) members throughout the duration of the HC Contest (including the Final Round (as defined below)).
- Any team with fewer than two (2) members is not eligible to participate in the HC Contest. A participant can only participate on one (1) Team during the HC Contest.
Prizes and Prize Winners
- Prize Winners.Google will notify each Team member about whether they have qualified for any prizes. Notifications will be made during the closing ceremony of the Final Round. All decisions by the Jury regarding prize winners are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Hash Code Cash Prizes.You may be eligible to receive one of the following cash prizes if you advance to, attend, and compete in the Final Round of Hash Code. The prize money specified reflects the amount each person on the winning Team will receive.
Team Rank Prize money per participant
1st place $4,000 USD
2nd Place $2,000 USD
3rd Place $1,000 USD
- Goodies Google may occasionally, and at its sole discretion, give away Google-branded objects, Google-related products, or other goodies (“Goodies ”) to Final Round participants as part of their participation in the HC Contest. These Goodies are not prizes and must not be treated as prizes by participants. Recipients of Goodies are responsible for ensuring that they comply with any applicable tax laws and filing requirements (if any).
Registration Deadline: February 25, 2019
For further details, click on the provided link.