CIRDAP in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Youth Development (RGNIYD) is organizing an International Training cum Exposure Visit on “Youth Engagement to meet Sustainable Development Goals” on 18-22 February 2019 in Chennai, India for students from CIRDAP member countries.
The training is designed to expose the students to social innovation and successful government initiatives relating to SDGs in order to equip them with necessary skills and knowledge required for meaningful youth participation for achievement of SDGs. The programme blends a number of combined sessions including lecture cum demonstration, case studies, audio-visual presentations, group discussions, networking and field visit respectively.
Any university students studying in any of the CIRDAP member countries listed below can apply to joint 5 days long programme.
Tentative topics to be covered:
(i) Social Innovation and Practices (Social Harmony and National Unity);
(ii) Youth Development Policies, Programmes and Practices;
(iii) Create opportunities to prevent internal migration from rural to urban;
(iv) Employability through Life Skill, Leadership and Entrepreneurship; and
(v) Youth and Community Development (Youth initiated Programme/Project).
The Training cum Exposure visit designs a strategic response for aspiring entrants to professional career competently that are pertinent to the emerging developmental needs and desires of the young people in Asia and the Pacific. There are other aspects appended below-
- The participants will get a platform to share knowledge of skill development for elevating youth productivity.
- The participant will learn and exchange ideas from different countries of Asia and The Pacific in terms of their own country perspective
- The participants will identify ways on how they can contribute to SDGs through regional collaboration.
We value diversity and encourage qualified students from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to apply for the programme. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Citizen of CIRDAP Member Countries;
- Current studying at University
- Physically and mentally sound and fit for travel and fieldwork;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team;
- Proficient in English (Speaking, writing and listening); and
- At least 6-months valid Passport.
Duration: 18-22 February 2019 (5 Days, Excluding arrival and departure)
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Youth Development, India
No of Participants:20
Application Deadline: 20th January 2019
For further information, click on the provided link.