Applications are open for the OpenIDEO Beyond the Bag Challenge 2020. The Beyond the Bag Initiative, launched by the Consortium to Reinvent the Retail Bag, is calling on Innovators, suppliers, designers, and problem-solvers to join our Beyond the Bag Challenge and reinvent the timeless experience of getting goods home.
This challenge aims to identify innovative new design solutions that serve the function of today’s single-use plastic retail bag,delivering ease and convenience for consumers while striving to lessen the impact on the environment.
How might we transport goods from retailer to destination in a way that is compatible with diverse retail systems, delivers ease and convenience for customers, and reduces environmental impact?
Why participate in the challenge?
- Eligibility to receive a portion of $1 million in funding
- Eligibility to participate in the Beyond the Bag Accelerator and access potential piloting opportunities
Anyone can join the challenge! No matter what field you work in, what level of experience you have, or what country you’re from, if you’re ready to work with others to tackle big issues, this challenge is for you.
You may join as an individual, as a representative of an organization, or as part of a team.
Participants can submit their solutions to the Beyond the Bag Challenge through one of the three submission channels:
- Submit publicly: For those innovators who wish to opt-in to posting on the public platform.
- Submit non-publicly: For those innovators who wish to opt out of posting on the public platform
- Advanced Solution: For Later-stage, established companies with standing relationships with Consortium Partners or similar retailers and who have ready-to-scale solutions.This submission track should only be considered by existing, large-scale companies, and participants will be required to demonstrate market/scale-readiness and sustainability.
Application Deadline: September 4, 2020
For more information, visit Beyond the Bag Challenge