With the mindset that innovation can come from anyone and from anywhere, World Vision International Nepal’s Nepal Innovation Lab (NLab) has launched Call for new Ideas 2019. This event is a remarkable opportunity for Nepali individuals and organizations registered in Nepal to showcase their ideas that can provide solutions to humanitarian and development challenges in Nepal.
Nepal Innovation Lab is an innovation center, working to find innovative solutions to development issues in Nepal. They have been testing ideas from various companies and entrepreneurs in the practical context so they can give effective, high-quality and community-driven responses.
Applicants are required to provide problem-solving ideas that are in sync with the needs of the community and are viable in the real sense. NLab will provide the support required to nurture the ideas into a prototype and/or to scale them within a 3-6 months’ timeline.
Requirements for applicants:
- Application is exclusively open for Nepali individuals and/or organizations registered in Nepal.
- The ideas must fall within the context of disaster response and recovery or humanitarian response.
- Ideas must be innovative internationally, in the context of Nepal or in their applications, process, design or modelling.
- Ideas need to be inclusive of the community either in their outputs or in their deliveries.
Benefits for selected ideas:
- Provision of a workspace and other facilities to further develop the ideas.
- Access to design thinking tools and strategies.
- Access to a large net of thematic experts both nationally and internationally.
- A financial grant
- Linkages to opportunities where ideas can be tested
Deadline for applications: 17th of March, 2019.
You can fill the application form by clicking this link. For more information and queries, you can write to them at email@example.com