Recently King’s College announced King’s College Online, a new online learning platform with exciting courses for learners at King’s and beyond. One of those courses is Immers-ED: A Design Approach to Problem Solving, where you will go through the process of understanding the issues of a community, dive deeper and generate ideas to solve these issues in an interdisciplinary team. The outcome will be an evidence-based and community validated entrepreneurial prototype that can be immediately turned into a venture if you want.
The process is designed by DoLAB and is based on the principles of design thinking, human centered design, service design and lean start-up. The process will be supported by interactions with the community and backed by existing knowledge. You will decide, as a team, what to do, why you want to do it and how you will do it.
The course will be facilitated by Mr. Raunak Chaudhari and Prateek Raj Neupane.
Who can enroll for the course?
- Pursuing or have completed an undergraduate degree or higher
- Interested in the Design-thinking process, Data Science, Social Sciences and/or Entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with working and learning online
- Able to dedicate 3 to 4 hours a day (5 days a week) for 4 weeks (only includes direct teacher-student engagements; mentor-student team discussions excluded; student’s self-learning and team-work beyond direct engagement hours excluded)
What will you learn?
- Understand complex problems in a community
- Create user-centered concepts
- Create user-centered prototypes
- Evaluate teamwork
- Create pitch presentations
- Conduct focused interviews for complex issues
- Use concepts from disciplines of Data Science, Social Sciences and Entrepreneurship to create entrepreneurial solutions
- Set and work on personal learning goals
Details of the course
Starting Date: July 1, 2020
Number of Sessions: 15
Total Hours: 48
Timings: Monday to Friday, 09:00 am to 12:00 pm NPT
Registration: Apply Here
For more information,visit King’s College Online