The Goi Peace Foundation organized an annual essay contest on the theme”what’s life?” to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It competition aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme of the essay: “What is Life?”
What does life mean to you? Have you had an experience that made you think about the meaning of life? What kinds of things can you do to cherish and invigorate your own life and all life on earth?
Awards and prize for Winner :
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift – 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2021) and gift -3 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift- 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift – 25 entrants
Guideline for writing Essay
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2021) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page
- Entries must be submitted online. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted. Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
- If you have questions, please consult the FAQs section below.
Please register here by June 15, 2021 (23:59 your local time).
for more detail about the essay competition visit the International Essay Contest for Young People.