The ICIMOD Mountain Prize is awarded every year to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) or beyond that has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities – particularly the poor, the youth, and women.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have advanced the mountain cause in the HKH through innovations in their various capacities and brought about positive tangible change on the ground.
Prize: USD 5000
The nominations for individuals or organizations with achievements in any of the following fields are encouraged:
- Access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation
- Sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income
- Climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction
- Access to cleaner energy
- Information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D)
- Promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment
- Policy advocacy
- Mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management
Period of nomination starts from 5 June 2019– 31 August 2019.
For more information, please visit ICIMOD