ARE YOU THE NEXT GENERATION OF ENTREPRENEURS?
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a for-profit business while attending college of university. But it is not a typical business pitch competition. This competition is not about who has the largest and most successful business, but which student has the drive, stamina, and passion to succeed as an entrepreneur.
Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
EO GSEA supports student entrepreneurs who require much needed mentorship, recognition and connections to take their businesses to the next level of success.
- FEEDBACK, MENTORSHIP & ACCESS
EO helps student entrepreneurs by helping them interact with successful entrepreneurs.
- REFINED ELEVATOR PITCHES.
Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- EXPANDED NETWORKS.
Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and honored guests.
- MEDIA EXPOSURE
Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- The student must be an undergraduate (Bachelors) or graduate* (Masters) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- The business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- The student’s company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- The student should not have been one of the top seven finalists from the previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The student must be below 30 years of age.
Graduate students are eligible to apply only if they have continually enrolled in a university following their undergraduate degree and not left school to work on their business or to seek other employment. Exceptions can be made for students who have taken up to 12 months’ break before beginning their postgraduate education.
What will the Winner receive?
The winner of National competition will advance to Global Finals to compete against 56 other countries.
GSEA Nepal 2020/21 Finals prizes: First place will receive Rs. 100,000 in cash and will get to compete in GSEA Finals. The second place will receive Rs. 50,000 in cash. Third place will receive Rs. 25,000 in cash.
GSEA Global Finals 2020/21 prizes: First place will receive a prize package of US$25,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000. Second place will receive US$10,000. Third place will receive US$5,000.
Additional awards will be given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
Application: Apply Here
Application Deadline: December 3, 2020
For more information, please reach out to the GSEA team at email@example.com