The Elsevier Foundation-ISC3 Green and Sustainable Chemistry Challenge is carried out jointly by Elsevier’s Foundation, Elsevier’s chemistry journals team and ISC3. This challenge is about stimulating innovative chemistry research that helps the environment and low-resource communities in developing countries. This challenge is going to be held in Germany in 2020.
The challenge is divided into two phases according to the prizes that is to be provided to the winner:
1. Scientific prize: The winner will receive € 50000 and the participant coming second
will receive €25000
2. Entrepreneurial prize: an additional €25000 will be awarded for “Entrepreneurial
The participants will be allowed to submit either to the Scientific Prizes or the Entrepreneurial Prizes.
– The individuals and non-profit organizations who use green and sustainable
chemistry solution in their project to solve sustainability problems.
1. For Scientific Prizes:
– The urgency of the problem is clear and understandable.
– There is innovation using green and sustainable chemistry.
– The project is replicable, scalable and sustainable.
– The project is applicable in developing countries.
– The provision of the implementation plan.
2. For the Entrepreneurial Prizes:
– Background and relation to SDGs
– Time to market, Partners
– Transformative Potential
Deadline: 15th September 2019
For more information visit Green Sustainable Chemistry Challenge.