The Global Youth Video Competition is calling applicants to submit a short 3 minutes max video that captures the environment related actions that the youths have been doing. It is organized in order to mobilize the global youth along the lines of the Global Climate Action Summit held in September by the United Nations. Furthermore, the shortlisted videos will be showcased through the Youth Climate Report map.
It is led by the Secretariats of the three environmental conventions, the United Nations Climate Change (UNFCCC), Convention on Biological Diversity (UNCBD), and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), in partnership with the Global Environment Facility-United Nations Development Programme Small Grants Programme (UNDP/GEF SGP), Television for Environment (tv) and BNP Paribas Foundation. These three conventions will be responsible for selecting winners from the below-mentioned categories.
– Cities and local action to combat climate change
– Nature-based solutions for food and human health
– Balancing use of land for people and ecosystems.
– The final three winners will be invited to attend the UN Climate Change Conference in Santiago, Chile (COP 25).
– Their videos will be presented in front of a global audience.
– The winners will be afforded the opportunity to work with the UN Climate Change’s communications team covering highlights of COP25.
– Must be between 18 to 30 years old.
– Video should have English language or English subtitles.
– Can be from any country
Deadline: July 28, 2019