E-commerce plays a big role in mobilizing the economy and fulfilling consumers’ demand. Its operation has become more important in the present time when we are having a lockdown and maintaining social distancing. However few days back, several e-commerce entrepreneurs and more than 20 delivery persons were detained by the Nepal Police.
Now considering the role e-commerce plays in the operation of the economy, the Kathmandu District Administration Office has developed a standard for online home delivery and takeaway services of the restaurants and hotels.
Here are some of the rules to be followed when delivering goods at the time of prohibition:
- The organization delivering goods must be registered with the concerned body of the Government of Nepal. Also, a copy of the organization registration certificate must be kept with you.
- The price of all the goods/ services must be well stated on the online site.
- Home delivery of service/goods should be done by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 meters with the service recipient with service / goods provider. The delivery person must wear personal safety equipment such as mask face seal and sanitizer with company logo and name.
- The name and contact number of the organization and person delivering the goods / services should be clearly disclosed on the online site and his/her PCR report should be negative.
- The home delivery company must also provide the name of the delivery person, his/her contact number and the details of the vehicles used in the delivery work to the District Administration Office, Department of Commercial Supplies and Consumer Protection and Traffic Office.
- In order to control traffic congestion and congestion, the local administration will determine the required number of delivery vehicles. Also the four wheeler, should have a maximum of two people including the driver and for two wheeler, there should be only one person.
- If the quality is not maintained as per the service recipient requirement, the goods will have to be taken back.
- If there is an additional charge for home delivery, information should be provided in advance
- Home delivery can be done only from 1 PM to 7 PM.
- Home delivery of items other than those mentioned below will not be allowed.
- Rice And Rice Products
- Cooking and Cooking Materials
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Breakfast Cereals .
- Biscuits And Cookies
- Dairy And Milk Products
- Egg, Meat And Fish
- Processed Meat
- Frozen Foods
- Wheat And Flour
- Grains And Spices
- Dry Fruits
- Tea And Coffee
- Soft Drinks And Nonalcoholic Beverage
- Fast Food Items
- Baby Milk Formula
- Baby Foods
- Baby Grooming Products Like Bottle And Nipples
Skin Care, Hair Care and Personal Care Products
Pet Care Supplies
Personal Protective Equipment
Sanitation Products like Toilet Cleaner, Floor Cleaner, Kitchen Cleaner, Room Cleaner, Sanitary Napkins, Detergents, Disinfectant And Surface Cleaner, Tissue Papers and Mosquito Repellent.
Agriculture Seeds, Manure, Tools and Medicine Products.
The standard will also be implemented in Lalitpur and Bhaktapur districts with or without revisions.
Please find the official notice here