The National Final event of CLP Nepal 2020 is happening on September 7, where 7 “green” start-ups from Nepal working towards Climate Change mitigation or adaptation will be presenting their business pitches.
Emerging Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is the lead organizer of CLP Nepal, which is part of the global competition-based training and incubation program led by the ClimateLaunchpad and Climate-KIC, EU. Since its inception in 2018, CLP Nepal has been supported by the Alternative Energy Promotion Centre, GoN; UNDP Nepal; German Development Cooperation/ GIZ Nepal; WindPower Nepal; SUN – Sun Urja Nepal Pvt. Ltd.and other partners.
Out of 25 entries received this year, the 7 start-ups were selected by a Jury Panel based on the strength of their application.
- ‘Simi Stove’ produces and sell inexpensive and portable clean-cooking stoves designed specifically to burn safe as well as environment-friendly ethanol and bio-ethanol fuels.
- ‘Shunya’ produce and sell designer clothing at an economical price made from recycled clothing.
- ‘Chyau.Bio’ produce and sell cost-effective and eco-friendly insulation panels made from mycelium substrate.
- ‘Spice up your Forest’ grow and sell organic ginger at lower price while planting trees that generate Gold Standard Verified Emission Reductions.
- ‘Green Dot Solution’ produce and sell low-cost and eco-friendly paper products and poly-aluminium boards made from recycled tetra packs.
- Open Space Gardeners’ grow and sell fresh organic vegetables at lower price by transforming open urban space into green spaces through climate-smart agro-farming.
- Green Coins’ develop virtual coins that can be earned by performing eco-friendly activities and spent on partner platforms for discounts or giveaways.
- These teams were provided training and mentoring at the virtual CLP Bootcamp session, Follow-up training sessions, and multiple webinars.
- At the National Final, the top 3 start-ups from Nepal will be chosen by an independent expert Jury Panel. These 3 start-ups will represent the country in the first edition of CLP South Asia 2020 happening on September 12, 2020 with participation from Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, and Bhutan.
- The top 10 start-ups from CLP South Asia, chosen by a Jury Panel with representatives from the participating countries, will contend with finalists from the other regions at the CLP Global Finale 2020.
Detail for joining the session
- Date: September 7
- Time: (10:00 am – 1:30 pm)
- LIVE from Facebook page Emerging Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Join and interact as a guest: Please request a zoom link and password by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your short introduction.