ChangemakerXchange(CXC) is looking for applicants to attend the 2019 program happening in Singapore. This competition is co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung and is looking for entrepreneurs and changemakers who are working to empower the disabled people in their community through innovative ways. ChangemakerXChange is a global collaborative community for young changemakers to connect, share and develop cross-border collaborations.
This special edition CXC in Singapore is co-hosted by Virtualahan and (these)abilities and will be for social innovators (with or without disabilities) supporting persons with disabilities and championing diversity and inclusion in Asia- Pacific. The summit follows the universal design and will provide necessary arrangements for all types of disability.
- All costs will be covered by the ChangemakerXchange for all selected participants that include two-way flight ticket, conference cost for all four nights and five days (hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc)
- A $15 fee is requested from applicants as a small contribution to cover the costs of reviewing a large number of applications. Although, a fee waiver option is available to those who are unable to contribute.
- The travel costs from the home country to the airport and from the airport to the venue in the host country should be borne by the participant.
- Must be between 18-35 years old
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture/initiative (which can include ‘intrapreneurs’ pioneering innovation and social change from within a private or public sector institution) which is up and running and has as its core mission to empower / advocate for people with disabilities. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organization.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young changemakers and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must be a fit with the values of the CXC community (see above)
- Must be located and have an impact in an eligible country: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Thailand, and Vietnam
Application deadline: 23rd June 2019
Notifications will be sent by 31st July 2019
For more information, please visit ChangemakerXchange.