The Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut are issuing a new Call for Proposals to support cultural and artistic initiatives tackling pressing environmental issues around the world.
The Call for Proposals: Cultural and Artistic Responses to Environmental Change is the third of this cycle and builds on the 2018 & 2019 editions, through which 35 exceptional projects were supported. This 2020 edition will be the last in this format, though the Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut remain committed to supporting people who are finding creative ways to address environmental issues and the climate crisis.
This call for proposals is aimed at Africa, Latin America, Asia, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe. Innovative multi-disciplinary cultural initiatives by individual artists, creative professionals as well as cultural organisations; especially initiatives that express how the arts and new media can propose solutions to environmental issues and create alternatives that support sustainability and climate justice, foster cooperation and an exchange of new ideas globally are encouraged to apply for this.
They are specifically looking to support initiatives that:
- Employ new media to re-imagine a more sustainable world, and provide space for different perspectives within the sustainability discussion
- Promote the inclusion of women, indigenous communities and other marginalised groups
- Support innovative & contemporary artistic and cultural interventions that enable local impact while encouraging a global exchange on culture of sustainability and climate justice as well as challenges to democracy the climate crisis poses
- Encourage out of the box initiatives by artists and cultural practitioners looking to re-imagine conventional approaches to environmental sustainability and climate justice
- Support the development of artistic initiatives that reinforce and rethink traditional knowledge and methods as a means to promote sustainability and climate justice
With this call for proposals they invite artists and cultural practitioners to envision a better future for our planet.
The Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut will support initiatives within the financial range of €15,000 – €20,000.
The deadline for the submission of project applications is 31 July 2020 at 17:00h Amsterdam Time.
Please send project applications with supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications filled out in the application form, sent to the email address above and received before the deadline will be considered.
For more information,visit OPEN CALL CULTURAL AND ARTISTIC RESPONSES TO ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE