The Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN) calls for proposals for Young Entrepreneurs with low-tech, scalable climate solutions for its first Climate- Smart Entrepreneurship Contest. The goal of this contest is to encourage young unreached people unreached through traditional channels to share and implement their ideas in mitigating climate change. For this contest, we define unreached people as people who do not have a college degree/are not enrolled in college education, which include people who do not have a secondary education either.
- Aged between 18 and 35 at the time of application (all team members)
- The team (1-4 people) should include at least one representative from the unreached*
- Good written and spoken skills in either English, French, Spanish or Portuguese
- The climate-related issue that you are hoping to tackle in your community
- Summary of your project design
- Estimated project cost, implementation timeline, and number of beneficiaries
- Indicators to measure your progress/impact
- Ideas for local partnerships and scaling up beyond your community (optional)
- All paid-for round trip for one representative of the team to the World Bank HQ in Washington DC for 5 days to attend the 2018 World Bank Youth Summit (December 3-4) and the opportunity to present your idea
- Attend one-on-one discussions with selected World Bank Group experts and mentors
- Join a network of GYCN community of climate innovators
Application Deadline: October 25, 2018.
For further information and Application form, click on the provided link.