We are pleased to announce our partnership with Himalayan Climate Initiative as PR partners to promote their upcoming initiative Dopper Changemaker Challenge. Applications are invited from all the students with a great solution to beat plastic and water pollution.
Dopper Changemaker Challenge is organised by Dopper as an initiative to award students whose thesis aims to accelerate the development of solutions that have a big impact on the plastic and water issues.
You can participate if,
- Your project is about clean water and/or plastic waste. No matters your background, either Product Design, Biology, Marketing or Economics. All the approaches are needed to beat plastic and water pollution!
- You are or were registered at a university or HBO as Bachelor or Master student in Belgium, Netherlands, the United Kingdom or Nepal.
- You are still working on your graduation project or thesis, or finished it after 1 September 2018.
- You determine(d) the subject of your project or thesis yourself.
- You are available on 29 May 2019, and you can be personally present during the finals on 15 June 2019.
- You are a national or international student. However, you must be in Nepal or any of the other participating countries at the time.
- You are below the age of 33.
Participants of Dopper Changemaker Challenge will have the opportunity of be featured in the media, invited on stage, get useful network introductions and win a research grant up to NRS 200,000.
The Dopper Changemaker Challenge started in the 2017 in the Netherlands. However, its undoubtedly success in previous experiences made it to go global. This edition is taking place not only in Kathmandu but also in other popular European cities including Amsterdam, Berlin and London. With such an international approach, what a great chance of meeting like-minded people and boost your thesis/project!
Interesting, right? Write down these dates!
12 April 2019 – Deadline for Application
Send your graduation project/research before 12 April 2019 and don’t miss out this chance!
8 June 2019 – Selection Semi-Finalists
Judges will announce the twenty semi-finalists.
15 June 2019 – Finals
The finals take place worldwide in the weekend of 15 and 16 June, where the winners of research grants will be chosen per location.