“The Innovation Fund seeks to co-fund companies to pilot innovative digital and financial solutions that improve access to finance and/or enhance operational efficiency of women-led MSMEs. The Innovation Fund seeks to co-fund and provide technical support for companies to pilot innovative digital solutions and/or digital financial solutions which support women-owned, managed and/or led MSMEs.
1. Up to $50,000 of Co-Funding
2. Technical Assistance
4. Connection to Investors
1. Regulated Financial Institutions (Banks, MFIs, Insurance Companies)
2. Payment Service Providers
3. Agent Banking Aggregators
4. Mobile Network Operators
5. Technology Providers
6. FMCG/Agriculture/Other Companies
7. FinTech Companies
Evaluation criteria for proposals:
Applicants will be invited to complete an online application form outlining how the project will improve access to finance and/or enhance operational efficiency for women-led MSMEs in one or more of the target countries, and presenting the full implementation and technical details of the proposed pilot testing. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to deliver a presentation to an Investment Committee.
The Investment Committee will score the proposals according to:
1. The innovativeness of the proposed solution
2. The additionality of the project (e.g. enabling new or innovative approaches to be piloted that would not normally be financed through commercial financing routes)
3. The practicality of implementation
4. The sustainability of the proposed solution
5. The potential impact of the solution on MSMEs in general and women-owned, managed or led MSMEs in particular.
6. The scalability potential of the proposed solution
7. The experience of the applicant in the proposed field
8. The Investment Committee may also consider additional factors when scoring the proposals.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Click on the provided link for detail information and Application form.”